Monday, December 12, 2011

Crop circles, mist, and sunsets

Well, Ethan has been carrying the weight on the ol' weblog so far, so I figured I (Matt) might contribute a little.

Ethan has been working pretty hard and has taken well to our 'lab' away from home.


Below, he demonstrates his patented  sternum filtering technique, ideal for rice field sampling.


I actually spend most of my time soaking in the sun and eating samosas, but every once in a while, I try to help out...there is a lot of field 'demucking' that must be done.


Overall, we're lucky to spend our days in a beautiful place.  The flat terrain, flooded fields and tropical latitude allow for dramatic changes in lighting throughout the day, and moments of tranquility abound...


2 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever used the "sternum" technique and boy does it look like it hurts!

    I don't think I can send the permits out today because I still don't have an address. I'll keep you guys updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures of you in the mud, Ethan! Looks like you're having a capital time :). Also, beyond cool that you got to see Everest out the plane window.

    ReplyDelete