Thursday, November 17, 2011

We're Still Alive

Sorry for the lack of posting, but Matt went to Vietnam on Sunday which leaves only me to blog and sample. I hope you can all understand. Speaking of Sunday, Neil and I were given the day off to sightsee in Phnom Penh where we were able to see the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek. Going into it, I honestly didn't know that much about the genocide that went on in Cambodia in the late 1970s. It's really sad to think how things like this can happen not long ago (and even sadder that it goes on today in other countries).

The stupa (memorial) for those killed from the Khmer Rouge.

If you look closely inside, you can see the skulls of thousands of victims.

After that, we went to a restaurant called the FCC (Foreign Correspondence Club) which was on the waterfront with a great ambiance. Matt and I ordered a veggie panini which was delicious while Neil had Lok Lak (Becca had a veggie curry, but had already started eating).




After lunch, Matt and Becca were off to the airport to fly to Vietnam while Neil and I went to the Royal Palace.




The monks are dressed in the bright orange.

Well, that's all I have for tonight, folks. I'll leave you with a picture of me with a snail.


-Audrey

1 comment:

  1. Those are really nice pictures! Some of them could certainly be postcards.

    ReplyDelete